Wonderful Experience at the Apple Store

Posted Wed July 27, 2011 9:11 pm, by Emily R. written to Apple Computer Inc

To whom it may concern,

I had a wonderful experience in an Apple retail store today.

About a week ago I dropped my iPod Touch. It stilled worked, but a large crack in the glass made the screen mostly unreadable. I called the Apple Store in Bridgewater, NJ and made an appointment to bring in the iPod. The man on the phone said that they will probably charge $80-100 to replace the iPod, which I considered very reasonable as I was anticipating having to purchase a new one for over $200.

Today, July 27, I came in for my appointment at 2 PM. I was promptly seen by Jess, who examined the iPod. She said that normally the store would charge $99 for a replacement to an iPod with this kind of damage, but offered to make a one-time exception and provide the replacement for free. Quickly we went through the paperwork for the replacement and I walked out with a new iPod. I couldn't have spent more than twenty minutes in the store.

I have never had such a pleasant, generous experience with an electronics company before. $99 is a lot of money to forgive and it means a lot to me. I'm extremely impressed and will definitely remember this kind of service when deciding who to go to for my next electronic purchase. Thank you so much!

Emily Rosenbach

by Dana G. Posted Thu July 28, 2011 @ 8:29 AM

That is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing, Apple is a great company.