Brookshire's Loyalty Card

Posted Thu August 16, 2001, by Robert M. written to Brookshire Brothers, Ltd. (East TX, So. LA only)

I am writing to inform you of a problem with a sales promotion. Specifically, my complaint concerns loyalty cards. The store I frequently shop at is in Commerce, Texas.

The loyalty card really annoys me! There are times I forget to carry my card and find myself paying much more than the "loyalty" price.Recently we went to the Tyler area, the home of Brookshires, and found that several of the Brookshires stores there didn't require the loyalty card. I can't figure that one out. I really like the cleanliness, and staff attitude of Brookshire's, but the loyalty card may end up causing me to take my business to the "W" store. My complaint is similar to others I hear.

On average, I would say I visit your store 3-5 times per month, and I usually spend $51-$80 per visit. I still might buy from your store. Also, I might still recommend your company again.

Here's what I'd like Brookshire Brothers, Ltd. to do: Do away with the loyalty card and go back to the way it was before. I believe that this will help business as I have seen the parking lot "sparse" at times when in the past, it would have been full.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope you can respond soon.