poor product from catalina lighting

Posted Sat July 7, 2001, by Debbie N. written to Catalina Lighting Company

It's really frustrating when you spend hard-earned money on a product, and then this happens. I'm referring to the usability with Catalina Lighting Company and I'm hoping you can do something about it. Frankly, I'm furious over this matter.

For the record, I bought a MAINSTAY-105-013105 from your company. I'm a totally new customer of yours.

I just puchased a Mainstays flexible gooseneck desk lamp from Walmart and inside the box was a piece of paper that says and i quote "congratulations, you have just purchased a quality lamp from catalina lighting. your lamp has been produced under the highest quality control standards" model # 105-013105, C02010198, V023. WELL GUESS WHAT IT DOES NOT WORK AND I HAVE OTHER BULBS THAT ARE NEW AND THE SAME THAT WON'T MAKE IT WORK EITHER. DO NOT TELL ME TO TAKE IT BACK TO WALMART AS I AM HANDICAPPED AND A TRIP TO WALMART IS VERY PAINFUL AND TIRING AND BESIDES THAT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BUYING THINGS NO MATTER THE COST ONLY TO BE GREETED WITH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT...THIS IS BECOMING THE NORM AND MORE AND MORE I AM SURE IT IS THE WORKMANSHIP OR LACK OF QUALITY CONTROL.

I buy your products because the prices are so good. If you could fix this problem, I might even be willing to pay more for the solution. You can be sure I won't give my friends a good review of your products.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: SEND ME A LIGHT THAT WORKS CORRECTLY WITH A BULB THAT WORKS CORRECTLY AND A BOX WITH PREPAID POSTAGE ON IT TO SEND THIS INFERIOR PRODUCT BACK...THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT EVEN THE SMALLEST OF ITEMS ANYMORE ARE INFERIOR AND REQUIRE SEVERAL TRIPS TO WALMART OR WHEREVER TO GET ONE THAT WORKS, MUST WE START TAKING EVERYTHING OUT OF THE PACKAGING AND PLUGGING IT IN AT THE STORE OF PURCHASE TO BE ASSURED WE ARE GETTING WHAT WE PAY FOR??? I really hope you can solve this, because it will determine whether I buy anything else from you in the future.

Please respond to this complaint as quickly as possible.

by John H. Posted Wed March 4, 2009 @ 10:52 PM

I have bought several of these Desk Lamps (Mainstays Flexible
Gooseneck Desk Lamp from Wal-Mart) for Lecterns (Podiums). They get a
lot of daily use with good results. Some of our folks forget that
there is a switch on the power cord for turning the light on . So I
provide a respectful reminder to use the power cord switch if you want
the light on. Regards from Las Vegas.