Bank Fraud

Posted Wed May 4, 2011 6:25 pm, by ellen i. written to Chase Bank

I opened an account with Chase so My fiancée could wire money to me. The day this happened, all information was entered and I returned home later to find this email.
Dear Chase OnlineSM Customer:

A message regarding "Transfer Cancelled" has been sent to your Secure Message Center. To see your message, log on to www.Chase.com and click the "You have new mail" link in the upper left corner of the My Account page. If you are already logged on to Chase Online, you can see your message(s) at any time by visiting the Secure Message Center.

Thank you for being a valued Chase customer.

ABOUT THIS MESSAGE:
This service message was delivered to you as a Chase customer to provide you with account updates and information about your account benefits. Chase values your privacy and your preferences.

If you want to contact Chase, please do not reply to this message, but instead go to www.Chase.com. For faster service, please enroll or log on to your account. Replies to this message will not be read or responded to.

Your personal information is protected by state-of-the-art technology. For more detailed security information or to update your privacy choices, go to our Online Privacy Notice. To change your e-mail address, please log on to Chase Online and click your e-mail address on the left-hand side of the My Accounts Page.

So, I tried to log on. Could not! There was a number for me to call. I called. The recording said I was overdrawn $9,999,999.99. Now I am not Bill Gates. I finally reach a person that would tell me nothing. Only that Chase had the right to close an account without telling the account holder anything at all. Now there is no way I tried to get nine million dollars from them. But did I get answer? NO!!!
I was told the money that was in the account would be mailed to me.
I was told the bank put that amount on themselves.
I may not be the brightest light bulb in the box, but I darn well know fraud. And that is fraudulence no matter how you turn it.
I want a lawyer. And I want explanations. To top it off, the 'banker' spoke to me like I am some sort of criminal. Furious does not begin to express my fury.
I am a person on a limited and set income. Maybe this is discriminatory.
If anybody can tell me a solution, it would help. Until then I am going to be Chase bank pain in the arse!

I want in writing that they did something not morally right and that I am in no way responsible for their action. I want full restitution.
And I want a full audit of all Chase banks. Adde to that the amount of anguish this has caused and write a check to me for the nine million dollars they claim I tried to remove. Short of that, I suggest they be prosecuted under the homeland security act.

by RedheadwGlasses Posted Thu May 5, 2011 @ 6:17 PM

"I want a lawyer."

They are not the cops and you're not being arrested.

But you are free to hire one. Right now would be a good time!

by Bill R. Posted Wed May 4, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

Ellen i.,

I am no expert but it sounds like you got what is called a "phishing"
eMail. It comes from an fraudulent source and attempts to part you
from information and then your money. Suffice it to say if you get an
unsolicited eMail from anybody asking you to click on a link they
provide....don't.

As to whether the folks you spoke with are actually with the bank I
would hazzard a guess and say no.

I would call the number you were given when you opened your account
and develop a dialog with them.

Good luck.