Annual fee charge

Posted Sat November 5, 2016 11:26 pm, by ecaterina a. written to Chase Bank

I sent a letter to close my account back around June of 2016. To my surprise i got email stating my bill was now due. Since these cards were destroyed I called to find out what the charge was. The rep told me it was an annual fee. I said i thought I closed the account and want it closed now and the fee credited. He said he can't do it because it was 14 days outside the window. I was stunned and said when was the fee charged, he said September, I told him i didn't get any notice. He asked me to verify the address. I did, he said the email didn't get returned and there was nothing that could be done. I asked how could you charge it if you didn't send notice. He said it was sent, I asked if he thought I was lying, he said no but it was sent. Since I save all emails from chase i went back to last one I received and it was 4/15. He didn't care. He said it was their policy.

Refund the fee, and stop sending me advertisements for Chase.