costco citi card account issues

Posted Sat November 19, 2016 12:29 am, by Nicholas K. written to Citibank N A

Citi bank took over my original American Express costco card. I have had issues ever since that happened in June of 2016. I made my first payment with them online and all was fine until I received my July 2016 statement. They lowered my Credit limit from my original AMEX $2500 to $1200. So the minimum payment due was over $1000! I could not pay that so I didn't send a payment in because there was no way I could ever do that. I did let the account go for a few months and I spoke to someone in August of 2016. I made payment of $49.40 on August 17th, 2016. Apparently that was never received, but I have an email stating that it was, but they never took the money out of my bank account. So they think I haven't made a payment since June, which isn't true. The confirmation number for that was 112095220604752. I then spoke to someone at the end of September. I was finally explained the details of my account and that it was ok I was over my credit limit, I would just need to pay $175 and then $90 a month on the 28th of every month. I proceeded to give the representative that called me on October 28th, 2016 my bank account information to take that payment. They state they have no record of this, but I know that I did this, he gave me a confirmation number of 122072389760659. So then In November of 2016 I receive a letter asking me to settle my account and that it was closed. I was supposed to be on a payment arrangement and everything was supposed to be remain active. I love my Costco credit card, I had my AMEX for a very long time and now all of a sudden citi bank takes over and says everything would be easy and seamless, but it has been nothing but a nightmare.

I would like my account to be set to open status and let me pay on the payment arrangement of $90 per month due on the 28th of every month that I set up in October. I feel violated and like fraud was committed when I made the effort to try and reconcile everything and make good on my account. I will make larger payments if needed I just want my card to be of use again. I feel like the representatives didn't make proper notes prior to September of 2016 and definitely not when I made my arrangements. I don't want an account closure reported on my credit and I want my costco card to be active again. I want to become a loyal citi bank customer as I was to AMEX, but this is making it very difficult.