Please reconsider my application for Credit Card with Citi - looking for credit I deserve. Asking your competition as well.

Posted Fri July 26, 2013 10:37 pm, by Ronald C. written to Citibank N A

I applied for a credit card with Citi and was turned down because "Too many recent credit inquiries are recorded on your credit bureau report". I was approved for a card with Capitol One, but for only $300, which is hardly anything. So I applied again with another company and was turned down. So I tried another and was turned down. Finally, I was approved for Discover at $750. Finally, an amount worthy of my 700 Experian score. But I felt like I should have two cards in this range, for this kind of great score. So I tried about three more, one was Citi, one was BOA, and one was Chase. They all three turned me down for this same reason. PLEASE reconsider. I am simply trying to acquire a couple of cards with decent limits. I would like it to be with Citi, but I will request a reconsideration from the other companies as well. If you don't want me to end up with your competition, then perhaps you can make me an offer. I am quite frustrated with these crass and mindless evaluations. Just because someone applies more than once for credit cards does not mean they are either desperate or in bad financial standing. They often are simply looking to acquire credit that they deserve.

by Michelle R. Posted Mon July 29, 2013 @ 1:19 PM

You don't "deserve" credit...

by Retail Veteran Posted Sat July 27, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

You hurt your chances of getting more credit cards by applying for so
many in a short period of time. Credit cards are a privilege and not a
right. The banks do not contact each other to see which ones have been
approved. All they check is your credit score, payment history,
income, and other relevant information including employment history.
Just because you have a okay credit score does not mean banks will
give you credit.