Metalex

Posted Tue January 25, 2011 10:08 am, by Monica Z. written to Clairol, Inc.

Dear Clairol,

I have recently learned, to my great dismay, that you discontinued your amazing Metalex product. Metalex is a product that is so incredibly, fantastically effective amidst a sea of ineffective hair conditioners, so I am really surprised by this. Metalex magically transforms my bleached, dry, overprocessed hair into baby-fine softness after just one use. Why on Earth would you discontinue a product that can accomplish this feat? Other hair conditioners can only accomplish this by adding silicones which coat the hair shaft rather than truly condition it, but Metalex seems to condition from the inside out. I believe the reason for this is its unique main ingredient, sulfated castor oil. There is a big difference in the condition of my hair after using Metalex versus using a silicone product - the Metalex is far superior. There are many, many people who won't use silicone-containing products in their hair, and I'm one of them. If Metalex was discontinued because it wasn't selling well, then the problem lies only with its marketing. It doesn't help that it was only sold in beauty supply stores - I only learned about it from my hairstylist friend. If you were to sell this product en masse and market it as a silicone-free magic hair conditioner, it would sell like crazy, are you kidding me? This is the best hair conditioner I have ever used. I don't know what I'll do without it. Please bring it back!!!

by sheilah524 Posted Thu August 18, 2011 @ 12:20 PM

I agree with all of the above by Monica.This was a great product, I
loved using this to recondition the hair. It also took all the green
out of the hair from swimming in the pools.
This should be sold to the general public.It would be a great seller,
I for one would recommend it to all my friends and family. Please
bring it back!