COX INTERNET SERVICE SUCKS ROCKS

Posted Sat July 17, 2010 2:48 pm, by Keith B. written to Cox Communications, Inc. - Las Vegas

Cox cable internetís wonderful service:

1. I Called Cox to report slow internet speeds and disconnect problems.
2. They could not resolve the problem from instructions over the phone so they sent a tech guy out to my home.
3. Tech guy shows up and determine that the problem is out in the street so he put a work order in and said that it should be fixed in about 2 days. He said he would call me on my cell phone when he finds out something.
4. A week later and still no call from the tech guy so I called Cox again.
5. They sent another tech guy out. He spent over 2 hour at my house. Took my modem to the box out in the large metal box (by the street) which is only next door and I ran an extension cord so he could have power. He hooked my modem directly to it. He determined that it was not my modem and it is this box by the street.
6. He put a work order in and said that it should be fixed in a couple of days.
7. A week later and I still have slow internet and disconnects. It is so slow that you can not even open any browser search pages. Sometime I can surf the internet but at dial up modem speeds.
8. My wife called Cox and demanded to talk to a manager. He looked on the computer and he told her that the work order is still open. After this talk, the manager said that he would call her back on her cell phone before the office closed and let her know what he found out.
9. The manager never called back.
10. The next day she called Cox and got another branch demanded to talk to a manager there. This manager also looked on the computer and he told her that the work order is still open. After this talk, the manager said that he would call her back on her cell phone before the office closed and let her know what he found out.
11. The manager never called back.
12. It is now the weekend and my wife said she is going to go over to Cox on Monday and talk to a manager in person.

1. I want them to fix the problem.
2. I want them to communicate with me.
3. I want to be able to use the internet whenever I need to.
4. I want to be able to count on a fast enough speed to accomplish what I need to at a reasonable amount of time.

by never mind Posted Sun August 15, 2010 @ 1:34 AM

I only happen to see this because for some reason tonight COX will not
allow me to connect to any link for Angie's list. Not that I want to
complain about COX yet. But, your problem sounds SOOOOOOO much like
customer service with AT&T Mobility. And any type of service that uses
call centers I might add.

by CoxTech1 Posted Mon July 19, 2010 @ 10:25 AM

I apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing with the Internet
connection. If you would like assistance getting this issue resolved
you can email me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com and I'll be happy to
assist in any way that I can.

--CoxTech1