Cox Communications is Ripping off the Military

Posted Mon January 10, 2011 12:00 pm, by d b. written to Cox Communications, Inc.

My husband and I just moved to AZ and cox was the only service provider we could find for our area. We signed up with them and then realized they offered a $30 $30 $30 bundle for internet, phone, and tv. I called them (3days after they installed) and told them I would like this service. They informed me that since we live on the airforce base we could not have this package as we already have discounted pricing. I told them that the "discounted pricing" they gave us is more money and less services than the ones offered in the bundle. I went on the tell them that we dont even have nation wide calling and that dont they think someone on base would need that. The person on the phone did not think that that is somehting someone on an afb would need. Cox stinks they are ripping off the military who protect them and giving them less services. I would love to see them get away from their little desk and actually do something. They suck and I am very hurt that they feel they can treat people the way they do.

Offer the same packages to military people living on base as they do to people living off base. Do not rip off the people who protect your rights!

by billt Posted Mon January 10, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

Check with the your base housing office, usually a special rate has
been negotiated for residents in base housing and the dorms. Under the
terms of the contract with the base the rates and specials are not
negotiable. I have seen off base prices for these services increase,
but the cable company cannot change the prices on base

I think they are already getting the base pricing.. by Harleycat Tue January 11, 2011 @ 2:30 AM

yes - sounds like Base Housing has a contract with Cox. by PepperElf Wed January 12, 2011 @ 2:17 PM