Gift Card Consolidation

Posted Mon November 30, 2015 11:40 am, by Roger C. written to Dell Computer Corporation

I have spent literally 4 hours over the past three days trying to get this resolved through Dell "customer phone support". It's been the most frustrating experience I've ever had.

I have 4 $100 Dell eGift cards (purchased, not promo) that I got through my employer's rewards program. They were issued from Dell's third party vendor. Little did I know when I got these that I could only use 2 at a time. I need these consolidated into a single $400 card so I can make a large purchase. I contacted Dell's giftcard issuer and they said that Dell needs to do this.

I have called at least 8 times and have spent hours on the phone talking to people that want me to sign up for financing, telling me the cards can't be consolidated, that they CAN be consolidated that it will take up to 30 days, dropped calls after on hold for a hour, rude CSRs, people that can't understand me, people that *I* cannot understand.

I bought these cards so I could take advantage of a black friday sale. Then a cyber monday sale. I've missed both.

I desperately need someone at Dell to help me with this. I'm stuck with gift cards I can't use for the purchase I want to make.

consolidate my cards, and offer me the same deal they were running on the Xbox One system on Black Friday.

by McJohn Posted Tue December 1, 2015 @ 10:06 AM

Im really confused

If you were going to buy 2 separate things one on black Friday then
one on Cyber Monday than whats the problem?

Use 2 on one day and 2 on the other

Why do you need it consolidated into 1 card to make 2 purchases?

by Bill R. Posted Mon November 30, 2015 @ 1:17 PM

Roger C.,

I saw this on their site. Have to wonder if they drew a line:

"Dell reserves the right to reject requests for consolidation of any
Dell Gift Cards at its own discretion for any reason."

Stop back and let us know how this works out.

BillR.