Car Rental Experience

Posted Thu April 19, 2012 9:28 pm, by Doug J. written to Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group

My wife arrived at La Guardia Airport on the evening of 4/13/2012 and called Thrifty Car Rental to pick up a vehicle she had reserved several days prior. From the time she called to be picked up by the Thrifty shuttle until she finally got the car was more than one and a half hours. It was obvious that the Thrifty clerk purposely delayed my wife, in one case serving people who arrived after her while my wife waited. The only vehicle of the type my wife had specified when she made the reservation was blocked by two other vehicles, and the clerk told my wife the keys to them weren't available. This kind of rude service will be considered next time we need a rental car.

Thrifty should teach their clerks some manners, and apologize to my wife.

by McJohn Posted Fri April 20, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Sounds like a legit reason to me. If you specify a car and its not on
the lot or blocked its hard to get you the car.

The people who returned the car may not have returned the keys yet and
that held it up.

Did you ask to take another car?

What's the point of a reservation then? by Heather S. Fri April 20, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

But who is to say that the car was ready earlier and by MA Bellamy Fri April 20, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Reservation =/= pulling the car off the lot indefinitely by PepperElf Mon April 23, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

Common Sense by Heather S. Mon April 23, 2012 @ 1:05 PM