Dirty boxes does not equal tasty pizza!

Posted Fri November 13, 2009 11:56 pm, by Samantha C. written to Domino's Pizza, Inc.

On 11/13/2009 at about 7:47 pm, I walked into the Dominos location at 1769 Route 88 Brick, NJ 08724 and order food. As I was sitting in my car waiting I witnessed an employee tossing boxes to another employee to stack on the shelf. After watching about 5 of these boxes hit the floor that was wet with mud footprints, the employee continued to put them on the shelf with the rest of the boxes. I immediately went inside and inquired about these boxes. I asked the cashier if food was still going to be placed in those boxes. Her answer mortified me. She replied, "Unfortunetly, yes." After standing for about 10 seconds in disbelief I asked for a manager. While waiting for the manager, I noticed the employee making pizzas reach into his pocket, take out his PERSONAL cell phone, answer it, and continue making pizzas while talking. I am someone with culinary training and currently I am biology major. I know all about the different pathogens that are on hands and cell phones (cell phones have been scientifically proven to have more germs than a public toilet seat). The manager's excuse was that they had been busy. That is not a justifiable excuse to use dirty boxes and contaminate food. The manager gave me my food and a refund. Seeing how other people's food was being handled I took no chances and threw out the food and went somewhere else. After seeing the video posted on YouTube, I assumed that this type of thing would never happen again. I was wrong.

An investigation into the events of that day should occur and Dominos should do whatever possible to make sure that this type of incident does not happen again. After personally witnessing the events of this day and the response that was given by not only the cashier, but the manager as well, I feel I can no longer trust Dominos to handle my food, therefore, Dominos has lost a customer.

by C A. Posted Thu November 19, 2009 @ 3:08 PM

You might want to give the local health department a heads up on this.

by KGBags Posted Sat November 14, 2009 @ 2:47 PM

Ewwww! It seems as though you did everything right- talked to the
manager, requested a refund and didn't eat questionable food. It also
sounds like good feedback for the higher ups since the manager give an
unacceptable answer. "We're busy" may be an excuse for wait times or
lines, but never for food safety.

by RowdyRetailer Posted Sat November 14, 2009 @ 12:39 AM

This illustrates the reason why I rarely eat at restaurants.

If they do this in front of you, imagine what they do when they know
no one is looking