Being rejected my money/bought items, being followed, and threatened with police.

Posted Tue January 3, 2017 12:00 pm, by Savannah G. written to Family Dollar Stores

To whom it may concern,

I have had this issue with the Family Dollar store at Cumberland, KY 40823, For quite sometime now. This time it was in excess. So me and my daughter go into the store around 2PM, almost instantly, we started to be followed by one of the employees. Which was to be expected because the employees do this to almost every costumer that walked into the store. A few minutes later, she got uncomfortably close to my daughter. To the point where i could hear and feel her breathing on me and my daughter. I asked her politely to "step away" from my daughter. She listened for about 4 or 5 minutes. She continued to follow us at a unbearably close range. Though we where only getting a few things such as shaving cream, shampoo, etc. When we made it to the check out, another employee with short blonde hair proceeded to ring up our items. I payed for my items, then she stopped me and my daughter at the door and accused us of stealing things. Which neither of us stole anything. Both employees told us to leave or they would call the police. Without giving us the items we paid for. Which was 30.45$ out of my pocket totally lost. Money that I could've used for my children.

The first employee that basically stalked us was mildly overweight, about 5'3, had brown hair that is usually pulled up in a pony tail, and looked to be in her 20's to 30's.

The second employee was about 5'2, chin length blonde hair, and looked to be about to be in her 30's to 40's.

Sincerely,
Savannah,

To please return my 30.45$ that was wasted, and to enforce the employees to respect personal space. Also, enforce the fact that not everyone that walks into a store is going to steal. People I have spoken to has had very similar instances of these same employees.

by sueflgator Posted Fri January 6, 2017 @ 3:05 PM

You should have stayed and allowed them to call the police if they
wanted to, but not leave your purchase or money behind.

by Brian P. Posted Fri January 6, 2017 @ 5:15 AM

My suggestion is speak with the area store Manager. call the 800
number and complain. Ask them to review the video.

by petgiraffe Posted Wed January 4, 2017 @ 1:51 PM

You should have called the police yourself and reported the theft of
the items you paid for.