Faulty bottle cap spills on the way home from store TWICE

Posted Tue February 23, 2010 6:01 pm, by Nancy S. written to Febreze

First of all, I must say that I LOVE your product!!! From the first day it came on the market, I was hooked!! I enjoy the large refill size so I don't run out!! That said, I HATE the new LOCK/UNLOCK spray cap on the regular size bottle. This is the second bottle I have bought that uncaps and spills BEFORE I get it out of the car and into my house. Each time I have had a grocery bag full of groceries SOAKED in Febreze.I also had a previous bottle that tipped over and spilled in the top of my closet. At least I was able to salvage some of that bottle. At the time, I thought my teenagers may have tampered with the top as a joke, but I know better now!! I thought the first grocery store incidence was a fluke, and chocked it up to bad luck (and lost money); but today when it happened again, I was FURIOUS!! My car carpet is saturated with Febreze, a bag of groceries are ruined, and I am still out of Febreze.

I would like the makers of Febreze to redesign the cap so that it doesn't come off when packed in a grocery bag. Maybe a solution would be to put a foil cap UNDER the spray cap in addition to redesigning the loosening cap, or you could put a clear celophane wrap around the base of the cap. In addition, I would like to be reimbursed for the two bottles I purchased (larger spray bottles). It would be nice to be reimbursed for the partial spill, but that may be asking too much!! I will continue to use your product, but not if it's going to spill in the car, closet, or on the way home. Many thanks for listening!!