Worthless bath sheets

Posted Tue October 3, 2006 4:37 pm, by Tracy S. written to Fieldcrest

I purchased four Fieldcrest Classic bath sheets from Target in July 2006. Two of them were medium brown in color; their RN # is 17730 and their VN # is 1149546. These two bath sheets are the source of my irritation.

After washing them only one time as per the instructions listed, I was stunned to see that the bindings had completely unraveled all down the sides and there were several foot long "pulls" on the body of the towels, as well. I did not see anything remotely like this on the two pale green Fieldcrest Classic bath sheets that I purchased at the same time.

I immediately took the brown towels back to Target and exchanged them for the same towels. I assumed, wrongly, that I couldn't possibly have the same problems with them, but I was proven wrong. Once again, I was forced to make an even exchange since I couldn't locate my receipt. I've heard that the third time is usually the charm, but in Fieldcrest's case, that isn't what happened. I am livid that I had to waste gasoline and time driving a half hour and back to Target for worthless bath sheets. They look worse after being washed ONCE than the five year old towels that I was attempting to replace.

I would like a voucher from Fieldcrest so that I may either purchase two Classic bath sheets myself, albeit in a different color, or I would like to receive two Classic bath sheets directly from Fieldcrest. However, if the latter option is what you choose, I'd prefer not to receive the medium brown bath sheets.

by Pertigal Posted Sun November 25, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

I had the same thing happen with some seafoam green bathsheets I
bought at Target from Fieldcrest. First wash, one lost all the
binding down the side. Both have lots of pulls. My mother used to
buy Fieldcrest towels and she kept them for years and they always
looked fine. I guess they're making them cheaper in China now so
people can afford them, but I'd rather pay more and get a product that
lasts. I no longer feel that I can trust the Fieldcrest name to
represent lasting quality.

Poor Quality - Full Size Matress Pad - RN17730 / VN1127762 by Bobj Sun May 12, 2013 @ 2:32 PM
by p d Posted Wed October 4, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

Boy, Fieldcrest is supposed to be a good brand. Maybe the "batch" was
bad.

That's happened to me with towels but not the first time I wash them.

Good luck with this.

by S. Brown Posted Wed October 4, 2006 @ 12:01 PM

The lesson here is two fold: First of all, keep your receipts. I
toss all of mine in a drawer and keep them until I'm sure I don't need
to return or exchange something. Second - - investigate the
retailer's exchange/return policy prior to making a purchase. In the
case of Target, it is well know that returns must be completed within
90 days accompanied by the sales receipt.