Late Payment Reporting For Soldiers Overseas

Posted Tue November 24, 2009 1:23 am, by . written to First Premier Bank

I applied and was granted a First Premier Master Card in August 2008. I applied for my card while I was in Baghdad, Iraq serving in the Army. I made every effort to make my first payment, which was just the account maintenance fee. I was unable to receive my card in time to make my payment due to the fact that I had the card mailed to my address in the United States and then forwarded to me. I have since made every payment. I spoke with many representatives trying to get this late payment removed and I have been basically been told it was my fault for not paying the first payment. All I wanted was for the company to remove the 30 day late in October 2008 and I was treated unfairly. I am sorry that while serving in the military overseas attempted to fix my credit with their credit cards. I wanted a better credit score so that I could have a better life when I returned. This one 30 day late has hurt my credit score, tarnished my chances of getting a home loan, and made me resent First Premier Bank. To tell you the truth, I would have paid any amount of money to make that 30 day go away. but being in Iraq it was impossible for me to get my account information. I mailed First Premier on three occasions and have received no response. I have also spoken with a few account representatives and some of them have apparently spoken to supervisors and I was given one last answer. A few days ago I was told that since my October 2008 late is over a year old they can't fix it, and that it was my fault for not paying it. Great.

I would like First Premier Bank to actually work with people. I was a great customer and I had the idea that I would be a customer for a long time to come. I have been in the military for five years now and this is the worst that I have been treated by any company. Common sense would tell anyone that I was enduring extreme circumstances. Use a little compassion. Do not tell customers you can't fix something becuase it is 13 months old and you can only fix back 12 months. It is rude and it is a lie.

by Knight Posted Tue November 24, 2009 @ 2:57 PM

If they made an exception for you then they would have to make one for
everyone.

You admit your payment was late but you want them to change your
credit report to show it was on time? That would be a lie and they
would be submitting false information to the credit reporting
agencies. I don't think they are going to be able to accommodate you.

by RowdyRetailer Posted Tue November 24, 2009 @ 1:32 AM

A better life is life without credit cards.

The borrower is slave to lender.

Good Day