NHTSA Campaign number 05V270000

Posted Fri August 14, 2009 9:32 am, by joe g. written to Ford Motor Company

I own a 2004 Ford F250 Harley Davidson model with the 6.0 liter Diesel. there was a factory recall based off of NHTSA campaign number 05V270000, electrical system wiring, having more specifically to do with the ICP and wiring for it. The fix is to replace. After my truck stalled (lost all power)on a busy interstate at 65MPH in heavy traffic I did the research which provided the info as stated above. I used a scan tool to check codes and P2285 came up. I took the truck to Ford where I paid for them to tell me I was correct in my diagnosis but that they would not repair the vehicle as their records showed my truck had already had the repair. I have the same problem, which registers the same trouble code as the recall. If it truly was fixed then there is something wrong with the fix, then basically they are telling me I am going to go thru the same part 3 times in 5 years for as long as I keep this vehicle. People buy diesels because they tow and because they are supposed to last. I have a 40k+ vehicle which is sitting in my driveway unsafe to operate and was told by the local Ford dealer that it was my problem. Oh, and by the way, I can buy the parts on line for under 100.00 dollars with shipping and the dealer wanted to charge me 1556.04 before taxes for the repair.

Do the right thing and fix my vehicle as stated in their own recall before someone is seriously injured or killed

by scott c. Posted Tue November 17, 2009 @ 1:24 PM

What is the repair? What part is failing? What is the wording of the
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER 05V270000 ?

by RowdyRetailer Posted Fri August 14, 2009 @ 9:46 AM

Not everyone buys them to tow.

You forgot to mention better fuel economy as well.

Id buy the part and do the repair myself. Is it worth risking your
life on the freeway again, hoping it doesnt stall, just to prove a
point to Ford????

Its a small price to pay.

Good Day