RE: PC Richard Credit Card

Posted Wed March 3, 2010 9:37 am, by Patrick H. written to GE Money

I have a PC Richard Credit card. I have never been late. I use the deferred interest program. I set up automatic billing with my bank, HSBC. The payment is due on the 17th of each month ususally. I thought that was a static date. I set up the payment with HSBC on the 15th of each month. Because February has less days the bill was due on the 15th. Although i set up payment for the 15th, it wasnt processed until the 17th. They sent me a $40 late fee. I called and spoke with a representative about this. He said he could take care of it. Then he began selling me some type of credit card services that i did not want. He must have confirmed 10 times that he was adding it to my account. I kept telling him that i did not want this. Finally i said, "I do not want the extended credit program". After i clearly rejected the offer, he said he could only take off $20 not the original $40. What a sham.

I would like to be credited back the entire $40. I didnt want the additional products he was selling. I found my treatment unethical.

by Donno Posted Wed March 3, 2010 @ 8:04 PM

as I see it is you tried to schedule a payment on the day it was due,
whether uninintentional or not. All credit card companies I know of
do not allow you to do that - it must take time to queue up payment
with the processor or something.

You need to remain aware of your due date, every month. I think a $20
credit was a good deal.

by Harleycat Posted Wed March 3, 2010 @ 12:31 PM

How is it unethical? Credit card billing is usually 30 days and not
static. I think it was generous of them to take off $20.

I don't think PC Richard handles the credit accounts, it's usually an
outside bank.