The unfortunate situation of Oatmeal Swirlers

Posted Sun March 7, 2004, by Francis S. written to General Mills

I hope you're willing to listen to feedback from customers, because I have a suggestion that I think will benefit your company. The specific product I am writing about is Oatmeal Swirlers.

I am writing in the hopes that I will one day be able to enjoy the delicious taste of Oatmeal Swirlers. I remember eating these as a child and revelling in their oatmeally goodness. When they went off the market, my interest in oatmeal declined sharply. It is only recently that I've picked up the pieces and tried more mainstream Quaker Oats brand Oatmeals - but it just isn't the same.

I believe there is a market for Oatmeal Swirlers. There are certainly others like me, who wonder about it once in a great while. People who miss their dear, delicious breakfasts of yesteryear, but never stop to think about writing a letter, or looking for information; people who would certainly buy a box if they came across it at market. I know I would buy several dozen, just in case they went missing again.

So please, give Oatmeal Swirlers another whirl. Make them available again for a limited time, to see how they do. Let us order them, in case our local merchants are grossly incompetent and fail to see the immeasureable potential inherent in the Swirl. Have you enjoyed this letter? All I ask in recompense is the return of a great American treat, perhaps accompanied by a modest ad campaign. If not for me, for our great nation. The uniformly mixed syrup will show us the consistency and stability that we need in such turbulent times. The gooey residue will show us how to stick together in the face of adversity. The steaming bowlfulls of delicious oatmeal will remind us to carry warmth in our hearts and a smile in our hand.

And more importantly, if you don't bring back Oatmeal Swirlers I will be forced to unleash my seething wrath in an unholy torrent of pure, flesh-rending evil. (This is intended as a joke. I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with any terrorist, communist, or anti-food groups, nor do I possess the capability to summon large and vicious demons.)

Thank you for your time. I hope you appreciate this feedback and decide to follow through. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

by Oatmeal Lover Posted Wed February 6, 2013 @ 12:01 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THIS CEREAL BACK!!! I LOVED THIS CEREAL AS
A CHILD, AND WOULD DEFINITELY BUY TONS OF IT.PLEASE JUST GIVE IT A
TRIAL RUN AND SEE HOW IT GOES. I KNOW SEVERAL OTHERS WHO WOULD ALSO
LOVE TO SEE THIS CEREAL BACK ON THE MARKET. SINCERELY, OATMEAL
SWIRLERS LOVER!!!!!

by DaniLovenotes Posted Tue August 28, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

I agree!! I've been looking for them for 25 years. Please bring this
product back. I too feel the same way.