CADILLAC TRUNK LEAK

Posted Mon April 16, 2001, by SANDY W. written to General Motors Corporation

I hope you can help me. I have a complaint I'd like to register with you about the warranty of a car made by General Motors Corporation. For your reference, the model of the vehicle is Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. This is a luxury car. This matter has left me extremely angry.

I have 16,470 miles on my 95 Cadillac Fleetwood. When I purchased the car new in April, 1995 it had a major water leak in the trunk. It was repaired by Crestview Cadillac in 1995. In 1997 I again had another water leak in the trunk. It was again repaired by Crestview Cadillac. The car has sat in my garage most of the time from 1995 to present as I need to use my Olds Silouette van which has a handicap seat for my disabled mother. When using my Cadillac I found it again (still?) has a major water leak in the trunk. (I am not certain if it was ever repaired properly the first or second time as it has stood in the garage most of the time). I took it to the Cadillac dealer, who charged me $225 to determine the leak was coming from the rear window. He said that the repair would cost $1,910. and would not be covered at all under the original warrenty or under my GM extended warrenty. I reminded him that this is the third trunk leak and that if the repair had been done right the first time I would not have the water leak now.

Despite this problem, you still have a chance at winning my business again in the future.

Given that I am an excellent and loyal customer of your company, I would like to see you give my complaint the full attention it deserves. I'd estimate that the average amount I've spent on your cars to be $38000.00. I am even willing to spend more, but only if you are able to address this issue.

How can you address this problem? I'm glad you asked. Fix the water leak for the third, (and hopefully the final time) under warrenty. My husband was a senior scientist for 7 years at the GM Tech center in Warren, MI, drove Cadillacs most of his adult life, and he certainly would expect such a fine company to treat his widow with greater respect and consideration than what I have experienced with this repeated water leak.
I want to keep this Cadillac, but in order to do so you must help me with this water leak in the trunk. Otherwise I will be forced to sell it and out of anger and frustration, will never again purchase a GM product. Repair this leak and you will have a grateful, loyal customer.

SANDY W
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

by MattyMattel Posted Mon November 15, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

Sandy, did anyone from GM ever address your water leak problem?

Please let us know. I have the same problem with my beautiful
fleetwood.