Cockroaches at Golden Corral

Posted Mon November 3, 2003, by Jyll H. written to Golden Corral

I'm writing to bring your attention to a problem I had with the cleanliness or hygiene at your restaurant. I'm sure you value your customers and want to keep them, so I hope you will take this complaint seriously and come up with a quick resolution. I'm specifically talking about your restaurant located at 8013 Preston Hwy
Louisville KY 40219
502-966-####.

Here's what happened: On September 10 2003 at 11:18 AM I took a friend to lunch at Golden Corral at 8013 Preston Hwy in Louisville KY. After getting our salads and setting down, my friend stiffled a scream and pointed to a cockroach crawling across the table.

Instead of making a scene, we calmly got up and asked for the manager. She came over and we explained the issue and asked for our money back. She said she could not give our money back but could give up coupons for free dinners. I insisted on getting my money back. She then called the senior manager over (Mr. Williams).

The first words out of Mr. Williams' mouth were: "Am I to take it on face value that you saw a cockroach in my restaurant?" He was rude and condescending. After much arguing, he refunded my money.

I called the corporate headquarters at 2:30pm that same day to report the incident and to advise as to how their managers were treating customers. Corporate advised that this was a cranchise and they had no control but would pass along my request for a phone call follow-up.

It's been over 30 days since my request and I am starting to tell friends, family and co-workers to avoid Golden Corral at all costs.

My overall experiences with your company have been very unpleasant. I will never eat at your restaurant again. I will avoid recommending you to others.

Here's how I'm hoping you will fix the problem: Terminate Mr. Williams. Retrain all employees at Golden Corral in customer service, sanitation and cleaning practices.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me with my problem. The sooner, the better.