Unfair Treatment

Posted Sun August 5, 2012 10:13 am, by Nosh H. written to Goodwill Industries International, Inc.

About the Goodwill Industries on Regional St. In Dublin CA. I went there to shop for a blender where I can get a good deal. I found one and a fan both for 3.99 each. I was told I had to pay more, even though the price tag on both items stated or read 3.99. I ended up paying 14.99 for the items b/c I needed them. The people in charge especially the manager as well as the lady at the desk lied to me, argued with me, then ignored me. I thought deeply how i should Respond. I humbled myself, purchased the items, but I am convinced that that is not a good place to shop. I would like to take it up with the Regional Manager and argue my case. Furthermore, I am not as big as I use to be, but a lot of people consider me to be a Big Black intimidating guy, especially with my crazy eye. I was nice, I spoke well, I did not swear and do any of things that could have made the situation worse, but still I want some form of relief or justice. To make matters worse, I told them I use to work at the Goodwill and they are suppose to honor the lowest price on the over priced item, or whatever the price is. If you have an idea of how I can deal with this. More appropriately please send me the 411.

I was disrespected, the manager walked off and ignored me, so did the lady working the cash register. I never once lost my temper. I was humiliated and embarrassed. I would like an apology and store credit for the difference. It is not good to see the Goodwill with low morale.

by spunkyboy08 Posted Tue August 7, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

I am not as big as I use to be, but a lot of people consider me to be
a Big Black intimidating guy, especially with my crazy eye...

Considering the fact that you mentioned that you did not do anything
wrong to deserve unfair treatment, I wonder why you even mentioned
this.

by MA Bellamy Posted Tue August 7, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

Really?

Oh my.....

by tali Posted Mon August 6, 2012 @ 6:49 AM

Goodwill has always been not very friendly. I prefer Salvation Army,
Faith Farm, or Miracl Hill. I thnk maybe their treatment of you was a
sign and you should have walked away. You can get an inexpensive
blender and a fan at a dollar store for the same or less, and they're
new. I sure hope they respond to you.

by spunkyboy08 Posted Sun August 5, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Nosh H

My boyfriend also worked for Goodwill beginning in the late 1990's to
the early 2000's, & he would not be surprised with the poor service
you received. In fact, he does not shop at any Goodwill store.

I just cannot wrap my head around why you were treated that way.

I hope that Corporate headquarters receives your complaint & gets to
be bottom of the problem.

No employee should argue with a customer.