safety of baby swings

Posted Wed June 27, 2001, by dawn g. written to GRACO Children's Products, Inc.

I'm sure you know how important your products are to the people who buy them, so I hope you are willing to take seriously my complaint about your company's safety. My complaint concerns 3speed 692lb series baby swing.

My 8 month old daughter was in her swing with it reclined and the seat collapsed with her in it. She hit her head on the metal frame resulting with fluid on her scull and two doctor visits. The make of the swing is a 3 speed, open topped swing. It's a 692lb series.

I'm one of your most loyal consumers, so I think my complaint is valid. As a result of this, I will think twice before buying from your company again, and I don't think I can recommend you to others that I know.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: warn other parents of this faulty product to further insure the safety of children.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Your prompt attention to this letter would be greatly appreciated.