Helpful smile in every aisle

Posted Sun August 13, 2006 3:21 am, by mike s. written to Hy-Vee Inc

My family and I went to the Hy-Vee on 3rd Street in Lee's Summit, MO on the 10th of August at 1:30 in the morning. We go to the store in the early morning because I get off work at midnight and because I have 2 wonderful little children who love to make scenes. Everytime we go to this HyVee regardless of the time of day or night they always have cookies out in the bakery section with a sign that says free cookies for kids 12 and under. Which is a great way to calm kids down at least for a little while. While shopping there were people in every aisle stocking and I know we were probably getting in their way but instead of getting upset or ignoring us each and every person in each and every aisle stood up made room for us greeted us with a smile and asked if they could help with anything. Each nd every person we came across did this. My daughter dropped her purse in one aisle and the person stocking there chased us down 2 aisles over to return it. Did he have do do this? No, he did because he wanted to. When we were ready to check out my wife pulled out her usual wad of coupons, instead of the rolling eyes that we get at some places we got a great big smile and the cashier said "Looks like we got some smart shoppers who like to save money." From start to finish it was the best grocery shopping experiance of my life. Everyone had a smile, which I know can be hard to pull off that early in the morning. Everyone was pleasant knowledgable and it was a great and welcoming atmosphere. I have found you slogan to be exactly right, there really is a helpful smile in every aisle. Thank you for the service and thank you for hiring employees that takew pride in their work.

by inanna68 Posted Tue August 22, 2006 @ 3:38 PM

Great letter, just one thing. You have your kids up and out shopping
at 1:30 AM?

re by PREZMIKE25 Sun September 3, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

by Gino Posted Sun August 20, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

Great Letter!!!! We don't have this company here ... hope to see them
expand east... I would go out of my way for a store like this one
sounds....

Nice to let them know too!!!!!

Fantastic Letter!!!

by RedheadWGlasses Posted Sun August 13, 2006 @ 5:02 PM

I'm from Iowa originally, where HyVee has a big presence, and I love
their grocery stores -- wide aisles, great selection, and I believe
it's employee-owned, which likely explains the helpful smile you see
in every aisle (for those of you unfamiliar with HyVee, their TV ad
jingle is 'where there's a helpful smile in every aisle').

Good for you for letting them know.

I miss HyVee by Islandg1rl Sun February 15, 2009 @ 12:29 AM