Re: VERY POOR SERVICE
by sarahd - Posted Wed August 22, 2007 @ 10:29 AM

I know the time span of 9 hours sucks but that is typically what you'll get. Have you ever called a cable company to come to your house? It's the same thing.

I agree that you are going to have to just make another appointment. Perhaps when you call to re-schedule you could nicely remind them that you already had an appointment set up but the technician did not show. They may give you a more direct time or make you the first appointment of the day to make up for the past missed call. Keyword in there is *nicely*.

If you don't make another appointment you not only lose the free one year maintenance check-up but you may also void your future warranty. With my car warranty it is good for 100,000 miles but if I don't get the 60,000 mile checkup then the next 40,000 miles may not be covered since I didn't do the up-keep. Same with a warranty I got with a necklace - it had to be taken in to be cleaned and checked every six months. As long as I did the cleanings the necklace was covered if the chain broke or the stone came loose. If I didn't do the cleanings when they were required the warranty was void. You might want to read the fine print of your warranty to be sure.

FYI - You're putting people off with all caps because it is considered shouting and just plain rude to use, especially when typing a letter to a company. Regardless of whether or not you like all caps better.