Re: Bridal Registry Returns
by Jeffrey - Posted Mon February 4, 2008 @ 9:17 PM

Blackmail, eh?

Anyway... In the end, you say it's $50. When you kept pointing out how expensive these items were, I thought we were talking hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Doing the math: 3 items, totaling $50... That's an average of $16.67 each. Meaning, you could have returned one of the items, at least.

Bottom line is that Target's been so badly burned that they have adopted a restrictive return policy.

I'm not sure why you find it acceptable to return a gift, but you wouldn't think of asking for the gift receipt. As a gift giver, I'd want to know that you were happy with your gifts and had no duplicates. Which is why, when I give a gift, I enclose the gift receipt. I think that makes me a thoughtful person.

I wonder, also, why you got duplicates. The whole point of a registry is that you don't get duplicates. Either the buyer didn't bother to have the item checked off... or Target failed to remove it.

In the end, you want your gifts. As a new bride, you deserve them. And clearly stated policy needn't stand in your way.

Take my advice: call these people and explain that through a Target error, you ended up with duplicates. Say that you loved the item (heck, you ASKED FOR IT), but don't need two. Therefore, if it wouldn't too much trouble, could you stop by and pick up the gift receipt.