Re: Bridal Registry Returns
by CCordero - Posted Wed February 13, 2008 @ 8:08 PM

I don't think you deserve the money for the gifts, if anything politely return the gifts back to the giver. I registered at Target for my wedding and I didn't have any issues, I enjoyed their selections and my guest actually read the instructions and gave us the gift receipts. I don't see how it is not rude for you to take back the gift, but you find it rude to not ask for the receipt. If you feel entitled to the gifts or the value of them, than you should not have a problem asking for receipt. Target is not stealing money from anyone because the buyer CAN return the gifts (w/receipt or credit card).

As for the gift being packaged in a Target box means absolutely nothing. Bar scans read only numbers not places of purchase. Some retailers use the same product scans. Plus having a Target box could have meant your guest STOLE it from Target and not purchased it (maybe that is why you can't ask them for a receipt--lol)

Truly you were not wronged since you did not spend ANY money.