Re: Target Should Refund My Money for Defective DVD
by BellaSera - Posted Sat June 28, 2008 @ 10:04 AM

"Your employees should be able to make decisions based on individual situations and common sense instead of repeating the return policy printed behind them on the wall like robots."

Normally I would disagree with this statement because it puts employees in the continual position of having to make judgment calls, and while that sounds great in theory, in practice it leads to policies being ill-defined and subject to argument. A one-policy-for-all practice is much more fair and easy to enforce.

However, in this situation, I agree with your letter. If Target doesn't have the item in stock, how are you supposed to exchange it? I suppose you could wait for it to come back in stock, but who knows when that will be, and that's hardly fair to you or your niece.

So, I don't know what the answer is. I hope you do get a refund or they are able to get you a working copy of the DVD.