Re: Target Should Refund My Money for Defective DVD
by Marty5223 - Posted Sat June 28, 2008 @ 1:58 PM

The problem is the DVD player. I had the exact thing happen with my last DVD. The older DVD players and some newer ones will not play any DVD that has any HD features.

You can exchange that DVD all day long and it will NEVER PLAY.

I ended up buying a 49.99 DVD player to play my DVD fro TARGET that would not play.

If you want proof the DVD is not defective make TARGET insert it in a player in the video dept. I promise you it will play perfect!

I don't even begin to understand all the technical reasons they don't play.

We tried the DVD in three different players. It would not work.

I think all DVD are coming out Blue Ray at Target. You might as well wait until the new players come out to buy one.

There was some battle between HD and Blue Ray at one point. I think Sony finally threw in the towel and is going to do Blue Ray.

PS all my old DVDs played fine in the players that would not play these DVDs.

Just a racket it to make us buy more players.