European Travel
by Teresa B. - Posted Fri July 4, 2008 @ 2:27 PM

I am sorry you had such a hard time. You describe this as being a Once in a life time cruise, however, you stated you have cruised before. So you must know that things like this DO happen. Sucks yes, but it happens. I have only been on one cruise and was very pleased with the out come.

I understand your desire to see Europe. I lived there for quite some time and miss it terribly and would give anything to be able to go back. I think you were trying to fit in too much. You wanted to cruise and yet you wanted to see London, Paris, ect. If in the future you can do this again might I suggest if you love crusing you might take the Queen Mary 2 from NYC to England and then take the trains to London and from London you can go to Dover and take the chunnel or hover craft to Calais and from there a train to Paris is a less then day trip. The trains in Europe are wonderful. I was able to go from Frankfurt to Paris in less then 4 hours. Or you could just fly into London and use that as your base and see the rest of Europe. Europe is really quite small and the major cities can be seen about 1 every 2 days if you plan well.

I love to travel and I see you do as well, and I really hate it when fellow travelers have such bad experiences. But I really dont think you should be given any type of compenstation for the lost ports. As you stated you cruised before and know the risks.