Re: Sick WalMart employee with severely poor hygiene
by Jared C. - Posted Mon October 19, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
This is CLEARLY WalMart's fault just so you know. Hence, why Kat asked you to tell her manager to send her home.
WalMart does NOT give sick days to its employees - paid or otherwise - I know this to be true.
They may have to soon though...as there is strong support (and I'm fighting tooth and nail for it) to get a Federal law passed mandating that ALL employers give their workers paid sick days.
Not surprising WalMart doesn't - considering how cheap they are with their staff. Here are some examples:
- In many stores, overtime hasn't/isn't been/being paid..and staff are threatened with dismissal when they ask for it.
- Women are promoted less than men on average at most WalMarts and are paid less on average. There is a CLEAR glass ceiling at many of the stores.
- Healthcare wasn't provided to most Full-time employees (until recently). WalMart management told employees to go to Social Services and get on Medicaid, which of course, costs ALL of the rest of us money via taxes!
- Even mentioning the name of a Union can get you fired at WalMart.
- In a recent year, WalMart staff gave over 3.2 million dollars to a fund that assists other WalMart workers when a natural disaster strikes (like Katrina). In this same year, the kids of Sam Walton - who are all rich as all get out - gave a combined total of $11,000 to this same fund. Talk about cheap and greedy!!!! The minimum wage paid staff open their wallets and hearts...and the rich, spoiled brats of the company founder gave a pittance (to them and their bulging wallets, this $11 K - coming from about 8 kids and descendants - IS a pittance)