Re: A Customer Serices Transgression
by Casmly - Posted Mon April 11, 2011 @ 4:20 PM

I'm intrigued by the number of letters on PFB about portion sizes decreasing and/or costs going up. We're at a point where one or the other is going to happen to just about everything. Companies cannot continue to eat the ever rising costs themselves, they are in the business of making money. So, they either have to downsize the product, or raise prices. I personally prefer it when companies downsize the product. This way I can continue sticking to my budget and still buy the occasional splurge. Who wants to spend $8 on a half gallon of ice cream for instance when the company can downsize the container a bit and keep the cost to the consumer the same.

I suppose if this server was rude about your question, I can understand your being a bit upset. Although, my first thought is that this may have been the 100th time this person had been asked about the new portion sizes. Regardless, it sounds like he answered your question, it just may not have been what you wanted to hear.