Re: really bad experience
by Nicole F. - Posted Mon April 25, 2011 @ 12:06 AM

The guarantee is not enforced...I don't even think it's taught to newbs anymore. I've worked there for a while now (5 years plus) and only once have I ever had to do what that guarantee says. I never say a word of it to the customer - they are just happy to get the price that is listed. Very rarely do I have problems because of expired signs. Most of the time, the signs are correct but the prices aren't loaded correctly by corporate.

I believe there was an ad change today so that's probably why you came across an expired sign. Someone forgot to take it down.

Sorry for the bad experience...I am grateful too that she is quitting and no longer representing the company. I realize it was her next to last day, but that doesn't give her any right to be rude. And also, why would she be upset? It's not her fault the sign was left up - that is someone else's job so she wouldn't have taken the fall to have to heavily reduce the price.

Also, never go and take the sign down yourself...if you do, I have no reason to believe you, not unless I see you taking the sign down myself. What if you snatched the sign earlier and brought it back in? (Yes this has happened to me...people come in and don't have the money right then for a sale so they take the sign...then come back in and bring it up with them.) The cashier should have gotten a MCA to go do it for you.