by Chris Pattullo - Posted Sat December 9, 2006 @ 5:55 PM
Dear Ms. Shirley G.:
In response to your request that we should reevaluate our discount policy, we have. In the future we will only extend the 10% "military discount" to spouses of active military, if those spouses will:
1. Allow us to use their ID to shop at the BX/PX
2. Allow us to use their ID to shop at the
3. Allow us to use their ID to access free medical
4. Share with us their monthly housing allowance, if
living off Base, or
5. Send equal amount to us if living on Base
6. Send us the difference between combat and non-
7. Forfeit all future medical bennies, especially
free prescriptions the rest of their lives
We hope the above reevaluation meets with your approval.
On a serious note, my heartfelt thanks to your husband for his service to our country. But none to you for being an ungrateful busy-body. Had I been David Lawrence, I'd have told you to MYOB. With your attitude, your husband probably prefers living 'with strangers.' It's probably the only peace and quiet (outside of dodging bullets) he'll get for the next 12-18 months.
Your picky, picky, picky letter hits a sore spot with me. I'm from a 4-generation military family.