Scotchgard OXY Carpet Cleaner smells...yucky
by Chris M. - Posted Sun November 12, 2006 @ 12:00 PM

I purchased a bottle of Scotchgard OXY Carpet Cleaner plus Stain Protector. With the 3M name and reputation, I thought I couldn't go wrong. According to the label, it cleans and protects with a pleasant smell. Sadly though, that pleasant smell actually smells like vomit.

I used this product one time to clean the floor mats in my car, and as soon as I sprayed it, the smell of vomit hit me full force. It took a long time and lots of Febreeze to get rid of the vomit-like smell. I am hoping that this is not supposed to be the smell and that I just received a dud bottle. The only coding numbers I could find on the bottle were: 057 04 20:59 A

I would have taken this back to Walmart, but I had thrown away the reciept and had actually purchased it a few months before using it (as an impulse buy). Please make this situation right, and let me know if in fact the vomit-like smell is the intended "fragrance". I have emptied the bottle and discarded it, so that I wouldn't accidentally use it again.