Does Chili's Staff Know Raw Meat is Unsafe?
by Kari M. - Posted Tue February 17, 2009 @ 12:00 PM
My family of 5 ate at Chili's on Sunday February 15th. Upon getting our food my husband noticed that his chicken cripsers were a bit cold but he didn't want to make a big deal so he just started eating his food. About 1/2 way through eating the sweet chile bonless chicken wings he realized that they were raw. Not just under cooked but actually raw underneath the breading and sacuce. My mother in law also ordered the cripsers and sweet chile wings, she cut hers open and they were also raw.
We called the manager and he did apologize and asked if they wanted to order something different. My husband tried to explain that chickens can carry salmonella and he was not ordering anything else from their kitchen. He asked the manager what he was going to do if he ended up getting sick because of it. The manager said if someone got sick he would write an incedent report. That he would talk to the cook about why 2 customers were served raw chicken. Again the manager asked if there was anything else we would like. My husband declined and said we were leaving.
My in laws stayed behind, my mother in law wanted to talk to the manager again, she wanted a copy of the incident report. The manager came back and told her that there was no report. She continued to press the matter and finally he took their information on a piece of blank paper. Both she and the manager signed it and then she asked for a photocopy and the manager said no. He said they don't do that.
She let the manager know that we would be contacting the health department and if nothing was done about this incident.
The manager of course comped the meal, but this was not enough. We wanted proof that they would be investigating and following up on the matter.
We want a copy of the written incident report of the situation. We also want a written summary of what measures they will put in place to ensure that this does not happen again. Also we would like for them to conduct a training with their staff on the dangers of cross contamination and how to avoid serving contaminated food.