June 24, 2001
by Cory J. - Posted Thu July 7, 2011 @ 11:06 PM

I rented a car on June 24, 2011 from the Everett Naval Station in Everett, WA. An employee from Everett North met me there because the location on base doesn't have normal working hours. Everything seemed fine and dandy and I received the car and the employee was super nice and even gave me a map of the area because I was going hiking. The car was great and I'm glad he asked me to upgrade from the compact class that I had made a reservation for the previous day. After the weekend, I washed the car and even vacuumed it out because I got the car a little dirty from my weekend of hiking and camping. I even made sure more gas was in the car than when I received it on Friday. I dropped the car off on the morning of the 27th just as I had said. I checked my bank account on July 6, 2011 to make sure I received my deposit from the original $200 charge on my card. The rental was supposed to be $68 plus tax but my refund back was only $35.04. I reviewed my rental agreement and it seemed like I had been charged for the optional insurance coverages which I had denied. I called the Enterprise location at 5505 Evergreen Way and talked to an employee and explained the situation. His name was Mike. Mike didn't know what to do and he was busy but somebody else answered but I never heard his name. He told me that they were busy and he would call me back. He took my number and I offered to bring in my receipt but he said I wouldn't have to come in and that he would call me. An hour later, I still had not received a phone call and the store was only open for another hour and a half. I drove 15 minutes to the location and no customers were in the store, but there were 3 employees behind the desk. I was angry at this time but I held my breath and stayed professional. I just wanted my money back. The man who rented me the car was not in the office. I really wish he was, because at least he knew how to treat a customer. The customer service in this office was the worst I have ever experienced from a car rental company. Nobody even apologized for the trouble. Just to let you know how much trouble it was. I'm in the military. I work from 5 am until 4 pm. My time is valuable because I usually go to bed no later than 9 pm. Out of my 5 hours of liberty today, I spent 10 minutes on the phone with these employees and 30 minutes of driving and another 5-10 minutes in the office. That's almost an hour of my time wasted trying to fix something that should never have occurred in the first place. I should have also received a phone call back like I was told. On top of all of this, I would like to tell you that the car had animal hair all over the back seat and carpet. I couldn't even vacuum it out and it smelled. I know you don't let people smoke in vehicles, but what about animals? It smelled like a dog in the car and I didn't find it very pleasant. I hope this feedback helped out and possibly gives employees some guidance on how to better serve people.

Car rental agreement # 201541

The employees reimbursed my money and made the contract right. I don't know if there is anything you could or would do to make up my loss of time or unpleasant experience with your employees. I also doubt you really care that I had to smell dog while riding in your vehicle. I definitely think the employees need to live up to the promise Enterprise makes when it says they have excellent customer service. I heard a recorded message talking all about the quality service while I was on hold waiting for Mike to figure out what was going on with my rental agreement and charges that I incurred. Well, I don't buy it. That's simply an empty promise but I really hope that you'll prove me wrong. I guess the question that I'll ask myself in the future will be whether to rent from the only company that has a location on base but lacks attention to detail and attention to customer needs, or to rent a car from a company that actually offers excellent customer service but requires me to walk a mile or two after dropping it off. Right now, I'm leaning to the latter. Thank you for your time.

Cory