Nautica Employees Refuse Use Of Restroom
by . - Posted Mon February 6, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

My seven year old grandson needed to use a rest room and was refused admission in your Tanger outlet store in Myrtle Beach, S.C. I am handicapped and could not walk the two blocks to the public restroom with him. Fortunately, I had someone who would escort him to the restroom. Needless to say, I left the approximately $150.00 worth of clothes I had already gathered up. I was told that there was no restroom to serve the pulic. Had I had a different attitude I could have let him go in the dressing room on the clothes. However, I want my grandson to have better morals than that. When I asked for the name of the manager of the store, the staff refused to give it to me. I was just beginning my shopping experience and would probably have spent considerably more money than the purchases I had in hand. I have seven grandchildren, for whom I love to shop. Needless to say, Nautica will not be on my list of shopping places even though I like your merchandise. I do belive that an intelligent staff member would have accompanied the child to the rest room under the circumstances. I certainly would not want people with such a lack of ability to reason working for me. If I, myself, had needed use of the restroom there would have really been a problem. I was told that a child had been hurt in the door of a restroom. I understand that accidents happen; however, your dressing room doors are probably much more dangerous as I had to hold it each time to keep it from slamming on my grandson. I am very upset about this episode and wonder if it is legal to deny use of a restroom to a customer.

I am not asking Nautica to do anything. My grandson's mother is an attorney and she will be able to check the legality of this matter.