Misrepresenting themselves as ADT and poor installation
by Constance W. - Posted Mon July 9, 2012 @ 6:12 PM
A door to door sales person came to my home on Saturday July 7, 2012 stating he was with ADT. I asked several times if he was indeed with ADT he said yes. Well after looking at the paperwork THOROUGHLY I asked him again. And again he said he was with ADT, Elite Home Security is no where on the paperwork, so any unsuspecting individual would think it was ADT. I took a look at the brochure and saw that it was indeed a authorized dealer aka as a reseller. So the guy flat out lied and I found this out after the system was installed. Then I checked to see if they were authorized to install in NY state, their own website doesn't even show them as being licensed. This guy showed me his badge with all this stuff on it but anyone can make up these fake id's.
I had to ask the installer did he test the system, he says yes. Well if he did test the system and both keypads, he would have seen that the 2nd keypad doesn't show any information: if it's armed or not unless I touch a couple of keys (I'm uploading that to YouTube for all to see). Not to mention I had to ask how to use this new system
I asked to speak to the sales manager that is overseeing these reps, the young man would not call. I ended up calling and getting the information from ADT on how to cancel the contract etc.
My biggest gripe now is I can't get my system re-installed DIRECTLY by ADT for 30 days until this mess is cleared up in ADT's billing system. Not to mention Elite will not re-install the ADT system they took down and they quickly withdrew $93 from my account to cover the activation....
1) Put my address in the do not solicit file
2) Better train the sales force - had he been upfront with me I would not be writing this letter as I do not deal with Authorized Dealers or Resellers on anything. PERIOD. I don't believe in dealing with a middle person when I can go straight to the source
3) Better training of the installers
4) Better customer service from the field manager who was too busy to speak to me. Customer service is the lifeline to your business. Someone needs to reinforce these to the field.
5) The pen is mightier than the sword and I have been using it all day in all of my online forums. Next will be the NYS Attorney Generals office.