Pants that Bled.

Posted Tue January 2, 2007 10:58 am, by Sean B. written to Eddie Bauer, Inc.

I purchased a pair of pants and a shirt from your newly opened Eddie Bauer in The Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos in Corona, Ca. I washed the pants for the first time yesterday and it bled all over my other clothes. Now, I have purchased Dockers, Gap pants, others and they have never bled all over my clothes. In total, there were 3 ruined shirts one of which was the shirt I had purchased from Eddie Bauer.

Pant information: Dept 003, Style 4029, Ref 13607196 Season Fall 06, WPL # 9647, CA # 00665

I would like Eddie Bauer and those shopping in their stores to understand that the process/material these pants are being manufactured in are sub-standard. If possible, I would like to exchange my shirt for the same or similar shirt valued at about $28; though my total loss is about $50. The pants are in good condition but I will have to only wash them with jeans.

by RedheadWGlasses Posted Tue January 2, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

I agree with Tina. Anything bright or darkly colored should first be
washed in cold to warm water (depending), with other items of similar
color or darkness.

I have to admit, I still do laundry this way and my clothes seem to
look good for a long time. (Granted, I have no kids, which I know
changes anal retentive laundry habits!) ;)

No, kids don't really change the laundry habits... by Tina N Thu January 4, 2007 @ 8:38 AM

by Tina N Posted Tue January 2, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

Why would you wash any new colored clothing with anything but jeans or
alone?
Substandard isn't the problem. Dyes bleed. You've just been lucky so
far.