Very FRUSTRATED with a Kenmore Elite HT3 Washer and Dryer

Posted Wed September 5, 2007 12:38 am, by Rick H. written to Kenmore Appliances

To Whom it may Concern:

We spent several thousand dollars on the latest and greatest washer and dryer 2.5 years ago, a Kenmore Elite HT3. It has been the biggest mistake of our purchasing career. Every piece of white clothing over a period of time gets stains all over them and a gray tinge to them within a month or two. We have ruined thousands of dollars worth of clothes. On top of all this, all of our towels stink of a musty smell and colored clothes gray in no time.We have tried everything that Sears has asked us to do. We have tried less HE detergent, more HE detergent, "don't use the whitest whites" cycle, use the whitest white cycle, leave the door open after each wash, don't use dryer sheets, "wash smaller loads", "wash larger loads", use only Tide HE, don't use Tide HE detergent, the list goes on and on and on. Sears has done everything but repaired/replaced the unit. They just blame it on the operators...US! I've seen too many other complaints from others that get a new washer and dryer, I just haven't been able to get there with Sears who sold me the product and the extended warranty.

I want Kenmore to either refund me my money or replace this set with the latest models that supposedly fix the problem.

I am not alone in having this problem. I have researched MANY, MANY others similar to us. We are not the problem. It is a product problem.

by KCasel Posted Fri September 28, 2007 @ 11:50 AM

We have had the HT3 washer for 4 years and it has been nothing but a
stinky, smelly, mold producing washing machine. Oh the lines that the
repair man has told me..... that I nedd to run 2 hr. bleach sanitary
load to clean it.... that I have to use Washer Magic to clean it....
that I have to wipe out the gray bumper ring more often.. that the
smell has something to do with the "back flow" of air from the
pipe..... and so on and so on. There are MAJOR flaws with this
machine and I want mine replaced as well. I WILL get my machine
replaced if I have to call every day. Is there a way to find out if
there is a class action law suit files on this machine???

Re: Very FRUSTRATED with a Kenmore Elite HT3 Washer and Dryer by ♥Venice♥ Wed September 5, 2007 @ 1:55 AM

Could it possibly be the water itself?? n/t by CrazyRedHead Wed September 5, 2007 @ 2:48 PM

HI, CrazyRed by ♥Venice♥ Wed September 5, 2007 @ 4:45 PM
by Ladylike66 Posted Mon September 17, 2007 @ 9:35 PM

I can't believe how awful this machine is. I too have musty smelling
clothes and 3 months ago, the washer kept quiting during the wash
cycle with an F-11 error message. The service man came out and said it
was a bad wire in the machine. He supposedly fixed it. Now the machine
quits during wash cycle with an F-2 error message. I WANT A NEW
MACHINE!!!!!! I have to wait now for a service man to come out again,
which will be at least 2 weeks. I have clothes that need washed now,