Double shipping charges
Posted Fri July 10, 2009 9:57 am, by MARC B. written to Hewlett-Packard Company
Write a Letter to this Company | Rate this Company
1. Tech determined that I had to reinstall the O/S from a recovery kit I purchased from HP.
2. After several unsuccessful attempts, tech decided I had a defective O/S disk.
3. Requested a replacement and was told that my laptop warranty was no longer valid.
4. I asked "What does the laptop warranty have to do with a defective HP "part" purchased by me, long after Laptop purchase?"
5. This argument went on and on until, finally, I was told that HP would replace the defective item, but that I had to pay for the shipping charges.
6. I countered with the fact that I had already paid for the shipping charges when I purchased the defective disk.
7. HP did not accept that argument, insisting that they had already yielded in no longer demanding I pay for a new set of disks, but, if I wanted them, I had to pay the shipping charges, which amounted to $29.21
8. Since the laptop could not function without a new install of the O/S, and, unless I paid, I could not get the recovery kit, I had no choice but to pay for shipping charges.
This nonsense took hours to "negotiate". But I needed the disks.
Send me a refund of $29.21 as I do not have to pay twice to get a working set of the XP O/S disks.
|Log In/Create an account | 5 comments
|PlanetFeedback Comments are subject to strict terms and conditions. We reserve the right to deny site membership privileges to any individuals acting inappropriately.