Tim Horton's Needs To Align Their Contest Rules

Posted Tue February 21, 2012 12:00 pm, by Robert S. written to Tim Hortons

I recently had a winning cup in your Roll Up The Rim promotion. It said "Free Coffee or Latte". I read the details on your website, which says, "Did you know…You can substitute your winning Coffee or Latte tab for any size hot beverage." So this morning I went back to Tim Hortons to redeem my prize, and asked for an Extra Large Cafe Mocha, which sounds like it qualifies as "any size hot beverage". I was told the cafe mochas do not qualify, and it had to be a coffee or latte, as indicated on the cup, which contradicts what your website says.

I think Tim Horton's needs to either A) properly train your employees on the details of the promotion, to allow "any size hot beverage," if that is what you allow per your website. Or B), change your website to not state that I can upgrade to "any size hot beverage." Because as it stands now, you are not aligned, and I end up feeling like a jerk trying to milk my little prize for more than it's worth.

I have also submitted feedback on your website, so I apologize if you get this in duplicate.

by texasgurl Posted Sun February 26, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

26. PLEASE NOTE: A winning "WIN/GAGNEZ UN CAFÉ OU LATTE/COFFEE OR
LATTE" or "WIN A COFFEE
OR LATTE" RIM TAB may be redeemed on next visit for any available cup
size of any one hot drink. A winning
"WIN/GAGNEZ UN BEIGNE/DONUT" or "WIN A DONUT" RIM TAB may be redeemed
on next visit for any one
donut, muffin or cookie. No cash alternative will be made available. A
food prize claim may not be used in
conjunction with any other deal, combo or offer

I agree that you should be able to get any size hot drink based on
what the website says. I'm curious to know what they say in response
to this.

by MA Bellamy Posted Wed February 22, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

it says you can "upgrade." Does that mean you pay a fee to get a
different drink? I can't imagine if it is free they would put "Free
coffee or Latte" on the cup.

Maybe the staff was confused, thinking you wanted the "upgrade" for
free. I don't know.

The whole thing sounds like it was utter confusion from the start!

He says upgrade himself later in the letter... by MissNaomi Wed February 22, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

Yeah, it doesn't sound by MA Bellamy Wed February 22, 2012 @ 11:28 AM