Furious with the USPS

Posted Tue November 29, 2016 1:17 pm, by Kathleen C. written to United States Postal Service

I ordered a package from a third party provider through Amazon. The package was sent by Priority Mail and was insured. I paid almost $30 for delivery, as well as almost $30 for the actual products (two discontinued lipsticks). According to the tracking number provided, my package was delivered on November 8. The problem is that it was NOT delivered to MY HOUSE! I work at home, saw the mail being delivered on November 8, and immediately went outside to collect it. No package. I filed a claim and two appeals with the USPS, all of which were denied based on their records, which show the packaged was delivered. I am out almost $60 because either 1) their records are wrong and it wasn't delivered or 2) they delivered the package to the wrong house. Totally not fair to me. Why pay to insure a package if they are not going to make good on a claim???

If the USPS cannot locate my package, I would like to be reimbursed for the missing products ($29.99) and the price I paid to have them shipped ($29.99).

by Jennifer S Posted Wed November 30, 2016 @ 10:44 PM

USPS knows where the package was when the carrier scanned it
"delivered". They have GPS in the hand-held scanners the carriers use.
If you haven't already, I would contact your local post master and see
what the GPS says,

by Retail Veteran Posted Tue November 29, 2016 @ 11:09 PM

Have you contacted the seller? It is possible they made an error with
your address when they were shipping your package. Where I live there
are 4 street names that are very similar. It is common for mail, UPS,
and FedEx to be misdelivered. I get items for other people and they
get some of my stuff.

I understand your frustration but please verify with the seller that
they entered the correct address when they shipped the package.