Walgreens "24 hour photo"

Posted Mon May 28, 2001, by Amanda P. written to Walgreen's

I am writing to inform you of a problem with the staff attitude/knowledge at one of your stores. The store I'm referring to is at Corner of Main street and Burnett road.

To whom it may concern:

I thought that you would like to know about Walgreen's practice of denying service at the 24 hour photo lab. On May 28 2001 ,I tried to drop off a roll of film to be developed at the Walgreens located at the corner of Main street and Burnett Road in Springfield, OH. The associate refused to accept the roll because the lab closes at 9:00 PM. If the lab closes, is it technically correct to say it is a 24 hour photo lab like the ones found in other pharmacies like CVS?

On average, I would say I visit your store 6-10 times per month, and I usually spend $21-$50 per visit. You can be sure that I will never buy from your store again. Also, I seriously doubt whether I would recommend your company again.

Here's what I'd like Walgreens to do: Stop advertising 24 hour photo labs when they clearly are not. That way in the future I will not waste my time at Walgreens when I can get the job done at CVS.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope you can respond soon.

by melanie hunter Posted Tue January 8, 2008 @ 5:21 AM

I am a walgreens employee in the photo lab. if it is a 24 hr store the
lab is to be open 24 hours, that means we take in rolls at all hours.
the only reason your film should have been denied is because they were
having problems with the machine.

by crypticgeek Posted Tue December 4, 2007 @ 8:05 PM