Very bad dog food

Posted Sun May 23, 2004, by Arlene J. written to Kal Kan Foods, Inc.

Pet lovers like me put a lot of faith in the products we buy for our animals. So I hope you'll pay close attention to a complaint with the experience of one of your products. Specifically, I'm referring to Pedigree Crunchy Bites w/vegetables.

I sent a letter to Kal Kan Foods on 5/23 and to date have not received an answer. This leads me to believe that they are not concerned about my babies (2 Boston Terrier's and one rescued dog of some sort). My puppies have been eating Pedigree since they came home with me and I have always praised this food. However, when I opened a 25lb. bag and found a coupon that was outdated over a year ago I got concerned. How and why did this happen. I am concerned that the food is not FIT for them to eat. Since I never received an answer to my letter I can only believe that you don't care about my babies. I think I have been patient and I am going to make a decision about switching to another brand of dog food if nothing is done. This is infuriating!

Because of this, I'll definitely shop with another pet product company in the future, and I won't have anything good to say about your dog food to other pet owners.

Here's what I would like Kal Kan Foods, Inc. to do: Something to make me very happy. I know that you sponsor a NASCAR cup series car, so now I want to see what you will do for me. Otherwise there will be some negative publicity from me. We have several dogs in our family other than mine and I will see to it that all of them quit using this food.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to have a response from you within 10 business days.