closing time at KFC

Posted Thu July 12, 2001, by Virginia G. written to Kentucky Fried Chicken

I'm writing to bring your attention to a problem with the drive-thru service at Kentucky Fried Chicken. The restaurant I'm referring to is at Bennettsville, SC 29512.

It was 9:45Pm I realized the KFC in our town closed at ten but knew I had time to make it before the store closed I drove up to the speaker all the light were on no one came on a car drove in behind me, I thought the speaker was broke drove on to the window where I saw an employee puting things away. She mouthed the words closed. I looked at my clock as I drove away it was 9:55 PM. I feel that if a establishment list store hours from 10:00Am to 10:00pm If you arrive before the closing time you serve the customer.

It will be some time before I consider dining in your restaurant again. Also, I might continue to recommend your establishment for afternoodn dining but not evening. For your reference, I eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken 3-5 times per month, and I spend $16-$20 per visit.

Here is how I would like you to address my complaint: 1. Cut off the drive thru lights if not open
2. If you hear a customer at drive thru tell them you are closed
3. Put a sign up saying we quit serving at the time you are going to quit serving. If you can't get something at 9:59 you are closed to the public. You may say that the closing time is when we make the customer leave the store but if a customer has dood left you wait til they finish you might cut the light and lock the doors so this would not be a good excuse. Do not advertized hours open unless you are opened those hours.
4. When you see a customer at the window go to them and apologized we just closed down the kitchen.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope to hear from you very soon.