Poor Customer Service
Posted Sat August 18, 2012 10:31 am, by Ileane K. written to LabCorp of America
I need your help. For years I have had horrible experiences at your laboratories and today was no exception. Here is what I experienced today:
1. I had a scheduled 9AM appointment at:
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304
At 11AM, I left the facility because I was feeling weak and light-headed and had still not received service.
2. My doctor ordered a FHI lab test, which was clearly written on the lab order. Your staff did not know the test. When I confirmed it was an FHI test, Abba said, “there is no such thing as an FHI test.” Tenesha called my doctor for confirmation and told me to sit down. Thirty minutes later, feeling weak and light-headed, I got my lab order and went home.
3. At home I found the full name for the FHI test online. [Later, when I asked Abba why she could not look up the information online, she told me ““LabCorp does not allow us access” to the internet.”]
4. I returned to LabCorp where another diabetic patient was expressing his frustration with how Tenesha had been treating him. He too was feeling sick and asking for the name and phone number of Tenesha’s supervisor.
5. When I tried to “re-sign” in, there was no pen available and I needed to sit so as not to pass out.
6. When Tenesha was “available” I approached her with the name of the test. She told me to sign in and take a seat. I had already signed in having found a pen. I told her so, and took a seat.
7. In obvious frustration, she got up and went in the back and began calling on all patients referred by their employers and avoided the front desk for several minutes.
8. When she finally returned, she called another patient. I went up and told her I was not feeling well (for the second time) and she needed to take care of me; that I had a 9AM appointment. She then told me she would not help me that she had deleted my paperwork and that Abba would help me. It was clear her intent was to penalize me for creating “duplicate” work for your staff.
9. Despite my pleas, neither Tenesha or Abba helped me. I sat down. They called yet another patient. I asked for the name and phone number of their supervisor. Abba refused to provide their last names. Finally, I left for a second time. And I was not the only person to leave in frustration today!
10. There is a “feedback” box at the location. There are no forms, paper or writing utensils to use to provide feedback – just the locked box.
11. I called Trina, Supervisor . Before I could explain my concerns, she put me on hold and never returned to the line.
12. The phone at this location was busy for at least three hours. I gave up trying at that point.
13. The next available appointment (at an inconvenient location) is a week from now.
Your staff lacked professional attitudes. Tenesha in particular was unfriendly and discourteous. Tenesha failed to strike a balance between the task at hand and relationship and rapport building activities (i.e. minimal eye contact, gruff facial expressions). Both Tenesha and Abba lacked communication, listening and problem-solving skills. They were inflexible, lacked initiative and were reactive. And Trina Collins was unavailable to help. Unfortunately, this is typical of your employees. All you have to do is an internet search to see how dissatisfied the public is with your company http://customerservicenumbers.com/co-labcorp (just a sample).
I have chronic health concerns and need labwork done a minimum of every six months. Insurance dictates that I use LapCorp facilities. What can you do to ensure what I experienced today does not happen again. My next LabCorp appointment is August 24, 2012.
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration, time and efforts.
Improve customer service at Lab sites. Educate staff about lab tests or give them access to the internet. Whatever it takes to prevent what happened from happening again.
|Log In/Create an account | 3 comments
|PlanetFeedback Comments are subject to strict terms and conditions. We reserve the right to deny site membership privileges to any individuals acting inappropriately.