problems with Lowes installation

Posted Wed September 19, 2001, by Joyce N. written to Lowe's

I would like to bring to your attention a problem I had with the overall experience at Lowe's, and I hope someone can do something about it. The store I'm referring to is located at store #150 Lowes San Clemente off of Pico.. This incident has left me extremely angry.

San Clemente Store, I ordered double pane windows for my duplex and granite counter top for the downstairs unit. They were late with both installations and they both were extremely inferior.

The granite counter tops were not done to the professional standard as the stores display. they used a tile saw on the cuts so they are jagged and large and the glue came through the granite leaving black sploches throughout the counter top. Even the manager thought the job was terrible.

The window installation was never completed. They promised to be done last tuesday. They got the adhesive all over the walkways and patios. When I paid for the granite and the windows before each window type it said installed on the bill and now they say the 2 garden window and 1 slider will not be installed
I paid a 9,000 plus check. They said I sign a paper stating they don't install the above windows.

At the time of the window installation my video camera was stolen. They were the only ones who would do that the painters were our friends!

Lowes still have not recitified our losses.
I want them to install all the windows or pay for the installation. They are refunding the money for the counter top. But i still have a inferior counter top.
I think I should have more compensation for all the trouble and time it has caused me. It has slowed my project down at least 3 weeks.

As a result of this incident I will do everything I can to avoid Lowe's in the future, and I will certainly advise others to avoid your store.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: I would like Lowes to pay for the installation of all the windows. I would like lowes to replace the counter top with a good one.

I would like to have them replace my video camera. I would like Lowes to pay me $5000. for the trouble and money and time that I lost.

I hope you are willing to address my concerns. I look forward to receiving a response within 10 business days.

by Donzell Posted Mon May 31, 2010 @ 8:50 AM

I can,t find the page I want-A satisfide customer I will write it
here.
I just had my house done with hardwood floors-Lowes Morristown
Tn.#579-Randy Lillard and his Helper were my installers.
They were nice,courteous and helpful.He picked up a piece of furniture
I bought in a town about twenty miles from my house.I had unexpected
company and he put my house in order and stopped work for 4 days,so I
could have my company.They cleaned up really good.
I was about to forget.They really did a great job on my floors.I
reccomend them highly.